Please note that due to the circumstances around COVID-19, we are seeing a significant increase in the number of help requests to our Customer Success group and we're working to respond as quickly as possible. We do strongly encourage you to take advantage of all the free resources we have available. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 


What’s the difference between an original claim and a corrected claim?

Original Claim

An original claim is a claim that has not been submitted and processed by an insurance payer. The insurance payer will recognize the claim as an original submission/brand new claim.

Corrected Claim

A corrected claim tells the payer that you've sent the claim to them before, but that you'd like it to be re-adjudicated. This can mean that you are sending them information that was not indicated previously on the claim or that you think they processed the original claim incorrectly. Filing a corrected claim, helps reduce the potential for a claim to deny as a duplicate. 

How do I submit a corrected claim?

  • Open the original claim.
  • Click Edit to Resubmit.
  • Make the necessary corrections.
  • Next, mark box 22 as Resubmission and enter the original Payer Claim#. The Payer Claim# can be found at the top of the claim or by contacting the insurance payer directly.
  • Click Save at the top of the claim and Submit. 

Tip: It's always best to call the payer to confirm that they will accept a corrected claim. Some payers do not accept corrected claims and want the claim's corrections sent as an original/brand new claim. Filing corrected claims according to the payer's unique instructions will make sure that the payer can identify the original claim, understand the corrections made, and make sure that the resubmitted claim is not denied as a duplicate. 

Voiding/cancelling a claim submitted in error

If you submitted a claim in error and have contacted the insurance company but they are unable to cancel the claim over the phone for you, you should ask if you can void the claim using a Corrected Claim. If you can do this, follow the steps to submit a corrected claim above.

Have more questions? Submit a request