Sometimes enrollments will require additional steps that include documents with multiple pages to be uploaded back onto the enrollment after completion. If there are multiple documents, you will need to combine the pages to form one document. Below you will find best practices in combining multiple PDFs, as well as for compressing documents if the file is too large to upload:
Combining multiple PDFs
If the instructions request that you sign and scan multiple documents, you will need to compile all of them into a single PDF document for upload. This process will be slightly different based upon your operating system:
On a Mac
- Open the first PDF in Preview.
- Choose View > Thumbnails to show page thumbnails in the sidebar.
- To choose where to insert the other document, select a page thumbnail.
- Choose Edit > Insert > Page from File, select the PDF that you want to add, then click Open.
- Choose File > Export as PDF to save the compiled document.
On a PC
- Open Adobe Acrobat.
- Choose Tools > Combine Files.
- Click Combine Files > Add Files to select the files documents to compile.
- Click, drag, and drop to reorder the files and pages. Double-click on a file to expand and rearrange individual pages. Press the Delete key to remove unwanted content.
- When you’re done, click Combine Files.
- Save the new compiled document.
The size limit for uploading the completed documents is 10 MB. If your documents are above this size, there are a few things you can do to make them smaller:
On a Mac
- Open the document in Preview.
- Choose File > Export.
- Next to Format choose PDF.
- Next to Quartz Filter, choose Reduce File Size.
- Click Save.
On a PC
- Open the document in Adobe Acrobat.
- Choose Tools > Optimize PDF > Reduce Size.
- Click OK.