While SimplePractice allows you to enroll with many payers by simply reviewing the Insurance Payers page and adding your e-signature, some payers we work with have clearinghouses of their own who will require additional steps for the enrollment to be processed.
If you are enrolling with one of these payers, you'll see a banner at the top of your Calendar informing you that the payer requires additional steps for the enrollment to be completed. To complete your enrollment, follow these steps:
- Click View Insurance Payers.
- Download the PDF by clicking Download PDF.
- Follow the instructions detailed in the document step by step. These steps can involve setting up an electronic fund transfer (EFT) with the payer, requesting transactions via a payer portal, and more.
- Note: These instructions are required by a third-party clearinghouse and are subject to change. If you have any questions about the directions, please reach out directly to the payer’s provider services line for assistance.
- Upload the completed document.
- Once you've completed all steps on the document, you'll need to print out and physically sign a copy of the instructions to confirm that you have completed all of the directions. Some other payers will require that you upload a document packet that you will receive after completing the steps. These requirements will be outlined in the instructions provided. You can upload a PDF document here, and the file size limit is 10 MB.
Tip: If you’re being asked to upload multiple pages, or are running into issues with the document being too large, please refer to these best practices to successfully upload your document: How to combine multiple pages into one document and compress a PDF.
It can take an average of 3-4 weeks after uploading the document for the enrollment to become accepted within SimplePractice. If it has been longer than that and you have yet to hear an update, we recommend calling the payer directly.
Note: If you feel something has gone awry in the document uploading process, please reach out to our team and we'll be happy to verify that your documents have been uploaded correctly.