If you need to clean up your client's billing because you're unsure of where their balance or credit is coming from, you may want to delete and recreate invoices.
Important: Before you take these steps, it's important to note that invoices cannot be retrieved once deleted. This action is permanent and cannot be undone. If you want to keep a copy of an invoice for your records, we recommend that you download it as a PDF and store it, before deleting it.
Below you'll find the steps to delete and recreate invoices:
- Navigate to the client's Billing page
- Delete existing invoices that are attached to appointment(s) you're trying to clean up
- Click Uninvoiced > OK
- In the new invoice, click Edit
Note: If the client had an existing credit or if funds get released from a previously Paid invoice that you just deleted, you'll be taken directly into the Edit stage of the invoice once it's created.
- Click the trash icon next to each appointment to delete them, except for the oldest one
- Update the Issue Date to match the date of service
- Click Save
- Repeat the above steps until each appointment is invoiced individually
These steps may help you identify where a credit or balance began in a client's billing history. It can also help to reorganize a client's billing history by having every invoice immediately follow its corresponding appointment. This will allow you to see how payments are getting applied to each invoice as well.
Note: If your client is carrying a balance, you can click Client Balance to quickly view which specific invoices are contributing to the balance amount.