Skip to main content

Question about sole proprietorship


1 comment

  • Kathleen Burke

    You won't need a new tax ID if you already have an LLC, but you will need a Type II NPI number.

    My practice is a single-owner Limited Liability Corporation (LLC), and I've registered with our insurance companies as a group.

    On the 1500 form, we file claims under the LLC's Tax EIN in Box 25, and use our Type II NPI number in box 32a and 33a. The "Rendering Provider" in Box j should be the name and Type I NPI of the individual providing services (if you have credentialed that person with your insurance company as being in your group).

    Be aware that some insurance companies will not give you group status unless you have a minimum number of clinicians.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.