It is my understanding I need to post here for Simple Practice to consider changes if they are not already in place, so here goes. If you know a solution to the following, please let me know:
1) STATEMENTS: It would be helpful to have a reference line on statements for the person for which you are generating the statement. When there is a minor(s), the parents, to whom the statement is addressed may need clarification.
2) EMAIL ADDRESS: There is only one email address allowed per account. Some single parents with muliple children, have to create additional email addresses, which they do not check, to get statements for each child. It would be very helpful to allow for one email address to be set up for multiple accounts. If you fix #1, then they will be able to distinguish who the appt is for, statement, etc.
3) AUTHORITY LEVELS: It would be helpful if there was a way to pick and choose what you allow staff to see. When you allow someone to have access to billing, you are also allowing them to have access to financial reports which are really not for their eyes. If you could put an additional level in place or an option to choose access to certain areas, for each login, it would be greatly helpful. There should be more than just all or nothing when it comes to financial info.
4) SORTING: Additional sorting options and search features for reports. There are so many examples for this request. When looking up a payment received from an insurance provider, it would be nice to have the ability to search my $amt. Unpaid Insurance Report, it would be nice to be able to search by carrier. Most of the information, in order to sort or find things, you have to export it to a spreadsheet and then sort from there.
5) BAD DEBT & REIMBURSEMENTS. We have had to find ways to work around these items. There should be a way to perform write offs & reimbursements so that they are trackable without having to find work arounds and make copies.
The above are just a few issues for which I think Simple Practice needs to find better solutions. I understand this is not an accounting software, but some of the basics would be helpful.