It is my understanding I need to post here for Simple Practice to consider changes if they are not already in place, so here goes. If you know a solution to the following, please let me know:
1) STATEMENTS: It would be helpful to have a reference line on statements for the person for which you are generating the statement. When there is a minor(s), the parents, to whom the statement is addressed may need clarification.
2) EMAIL ADDRESS: There is only one email address allowed per account. Some single parents with muliple children, have to create additional email addresses, which they do not check, to get statements for each child. It would be very helpful to allow for one email address to be set up for multiple accounts. If you fix #1, then they will be able to distinguish who the appt is for, statement, etc.
3) AUTHORITY LEVELS: It would be helpful if there was a way to pick and choose what you allow staff to see. When you allow someone to have access to billing, you are also allowing them to have access to financial reports which are really not for their eyes. If you could put an additional level in place or an option to choose access to certain areas, for each login, it would be greatly helpful. There should be more than just all or nothing when it comes to financial info.
4) SORTING: Additional sorting options and search features for reports. There are so many examples for this request. When looking up a payment received from an insurance provider, it would be nice to have the ability to search my $amt. Unpaid Insurance Report, it would be nice to be able to search by carrier. Most of the information, in order to sort or find things, you have to export it to a spreadsheet and then sort from there.
5) BAD DEBT & REIMBURSEMENTS. We have had to find ways to work around these items. There should be a way to perform write offs & reimbursements so that they are trackable without having to find work arounds and make copies.
The above are just a few issues for which I think Simple Practice needs to find better solutions. I understand this is not an accounting software, but some of the basics would be helpful.
Hi! We have some of the same issues but this is what SP says about #2 on your list:
Hi Susan, here's a little more information from our Help Center on how to use the same email address for multiple members of the family.
We know that clients can use the same email address in our system if the client has a Gmail email address. However, you will need to set up each client a little differently.
Here's an example:
- Let's say John Simple is the father of Bobby Simple and Jenny Simple. John's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. When you enter in the email address for the first child, let's say Bobby in this case, you can enter the email address as it reads. When you enter in the email for the second child you can enter the email as email@example.com. You want to make sure that everything before the @ symbol remains the same, then insert: +text between the beginning of the email and the @ symbol (text = any letters or numbers).
- Another example would be firstname.lastname@example.org becoming email@example.com for the second child, and firstname.lastname@example.org for the third child and so on.
You don't need to set up anything special to do this. You'll simply enter the clients alternative email address just as illustrated above in the clients account and the emails will be sent to the primary email addresses inbox.
I want to second Laurie S's plea above under number 1....I have been loving SP because of its clarity, but am getting frustrated with some of the limitations and this is one. I have a number of people whose parents I would like to send their statements to, but I cannot have the statement sent if it nowhere lists the patient's name. This seems crazy....I do not send individual invoices for regular therapy patients and so there is no way to do anything other than hand address envelopes to the parents. Is there a work around?
Hi Everyone, this post must've fallen through the cracks, I'm sorry for getting to this so late! I've done my best to answer each question below:
As far as using the same email for a parent to access multiple children's Client Portals, we actually have released a solution for this! Instead of adding the parent's email address in the client's file > Edit > Client Info tab, you'll want to navigate to the client's file > Edit > Contact tab > Add Contact. If you've already added the parent's email in the Client Info tab, go to the Client Portal tab and Disable Access, before creating the parent as a new Contact and enabling Client Portal access for the parent as a Contact. If you wanted to use the same Contact for a sibling's client file, you'd go to the sibling's file > Edit > Contacts > Add Contact and use the search bar to find the parent's Contact Profile you'd already created. For more information, check out this guide on our Enhanced Client Management for Minors.
If you'd like us to consider adding the minor's name to Statements, please vote and comment on this feature request: https://simplepractice.uservoice.com/forums/918553-simplepractice-feedback/suggestions/38667262-add-minor-client-name-to-statements
Please add your comments to this feature request so we can consider your feedback for any upcoming adjustments to team member permissions: https://simplepractice.uservoice.com/forums/918553/suggestions/36554002
We're currently working on an in-app sorting feature that will allow you to list clients by their insurance payer from your account! We'll be emailing you all when this feature becomes available.
We're also making some changes to our billing system, but for now, you can enter a write-off from a client's file > Billing tab, by clicking on the appointment to edit it and enter a "Write-Off" amount if the appointment is "Self-Pay." You can add a write-off for insurance appointments when you add an insurance payment. If you'd like to refund a client's manual payment (Manual Credit Card, Check, Cash) by adding a negative client payment to the client's file > ADD PAYMENTS box. To refund a client for a Stripe Credit Card, go to your Billing page > Card Transactions and hit Refund next to the charge you'd like to fully, or partially refund.
If you have any specific recommendations that haven't already been posted about, feel free to add a new feature request to our Ideas and Suggestions Board, here: https://simplepractice.uservoice.com/forums/918553-simplepractice-feedback
Please sign in to leave a comment.