Here's how to export your clients' contact information for your client-office communications:
- Login to SimplePractice.com
- Navigate to Settings > Account > Data Export
- Click "Start Export"
- Select "All Clients"
- Select "Contacts"
- Click "Export"
Once you've received your password protected .zip file with your entire client list in .vcf format:
- Open the Contacts app on your Mac computer/laptop
- Once in the program, select: File > New Group
- Rename your group
- From the Finder folder where you just unzipped the .vcf files, select all .vcf files and drag them into the new group folder
- Open the Numbers app on your Mac computer/laptop and create a new blank spreadsheet
- Switch back to the Contacts app (make sure you keep the contacts window small enough so you can see the spreadsheet in the background)
- Select all of your newly imported client contacts and drag them onto the new blank spreadsheet in the Numbers app
You should now see all of the imported contacts appear in your Numbers spreadsheet...
- From the Numbers program, select File > Export To... > CSV
- Give yourself a high-5
- Celebrate that it shouldn't have taken this long or be so convoluted, but you did it!
And please don't be a dum-dum --> be careful with your client data list and treat it like you treat all your other client data by maintaining and following HIPAA standards and practices.
Post is closed for comments.