If you're having trouble logging into your SimplePractice account, please follow the steps outlined below. In this guide, we’ll cover:
Important: As of December 13, 2022 SimplePractice customers are no longer able to sign into their SimplePractice account with a username. Customers received an email with the subject line “Verify your email address now” from firstname.lastname@example.org starting November 28th, 2022. Click Verify Your Email Now, and use this email address to log into your SimplePractice account. For more information, see How do I confirm or verify my email address?
Resetting your password
If you've forgotten the password to your SimplePractice account, you can follow these steps:
- Navigate to the SimplePractice Sign-in page
- Click Forgot password?
- Enter your Email and click Reset Password
- The email that you enter here must match the email associated with your SimplePractice account
- If you have trouble locating the email, please check your spam and junk folders
- If it matches, you'll receive an email with the subject line “Forgot your password?” from email@example.com that allows you to reset your password
- Open the email and click the link to change your password
- You’ll be taken to a page to verify your identity, which can be done through a Security Code, received via text or phone call
- If you're not receiving this call or text because you need to update the phone number that's associated with your account, please reach out to our team
- After you’ve entered the code, click Change Password
You can use the updated password on the Sign-in page to regain access to your account
Using the Help Center to get login help
If you’re having trouble logging in to your account, you can use the Help Center to get login help from our team. To do this:
- Navigate to the Help Center
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Get more help
- Select I have a SimplePractice account
- Choose I need help logging in
- Click No, I still need help logging in
- Enter the required information
- Click Submit
- How do I confirm or verify my email address?
- I'm still having trouble logging in. What should I do?
- What do I do if my old password keeps auto-populating when I try to sign in?
- I'm locked out of my account. How do I log back in?
- I have a Google Voice number. How come I'm not receiving my security code via text?
- I forgot my password and don't have access to the verification phone number. How do I log back in?
- I’m having trouble using 2-step verification. How do I access my account?
How do I confirm or verify my email address?
After you create your new trial account, or after you update the email address you have on file for your SimplePractice account, you'll have to verify your email address.
You'll automatically receive an email with the subject line Verify your email address. The email will include a button that says Verify Your Account.
Clicking Verify Your Account will automatically open SimplePractice in a new tab, with a banner message to confirm that you've successfully verified your email address:
We recommend verifying your account email address as soon as possible so you don't experience any interruptions to using your account.
I'm still having trouble logging in. What should I do?
Some tips to help you log in to your account include:
- Passwords are case sensitive
- If your password was created as simple123, you won't be able to log in if you enter Simple 123 or Simple123
- Remove extra spaces and double check the domain of your email address
- If you aren't receiving an email to reset your password, make sure to enter your email address correctly by removing extra spaces or changing incorrect domains such as .com, .org, .edu
- This email address should match the one associated with your SimplePractice account
What do I do if my old password keeps auto-populating when I try to sign in?
If an old saved password keeps auto-populating when you go to sign in, we recommend disabling the auto-fill feature on the device you use to access SimplePractice. This will resolve the issue with your old password auto-populating, and is a measure we suggest to protect your and your clients’ information. For more information on disabling this feature, see Using Autofill.
I'm locked out of my account. How do I log back in?
For security reasons, we'll lock your account after 5 unsuccessful login attempts. When this happens, you’ll see this message on the login page:
When your account is locked, an email is automatically sent to the email address that's on file for your SimplePractice account. If you don't see this email in your inbox, check your spam and junk folders.
Click the link in the email to unlock your account. Then, you can either attempt to login again or reset your password.
I have a Google Voice number. How come I'm not receiving my security code via text?
Google Voice does not support short SMS messages. If the phone number on file for your SimplePractice account is a Google Voice number, you may not receive text security codes from our system. Please try the Call me with Security Code option instead, or contact our team for additional support, so you can update your phone number on file.
I forgot my password and don't have access to the verification phone number. How do I log back in?
If you're not able to reset your password because you need to change the phone number we use to verify your identity, please contact our team.
I’m having trouble using 2-step verification. How do I access my account?
If you’re having trouble accessing your account using 2-step verification, see our guide on Managing your profile and 2-step verification for guidance.