Wiley Treatment Planners provide all the elements customers need to quickly and easily develop formal treatment plans that meet the requirements of most HMOs, managed care companies, third-party payers, and state and federal review agencies. They also can save clinicians time and guide them to choose the most effective, researched-based treatment options for clients.
Follow these steps to create a Wiley treatment plan:
- Go to the client’s Overview page.
- Click +Create New and select Diagnosis & Treatment Plan.
- Select the appropriate diagnosis and click Save Diagnosis.
- To use a Wiley Treatment Planner, click +Wiley in the Create a Treatment Plan section.
Note: The +Wiley option will only be available for those diagnoses that have Wiley data associated with them. Additionally, if you select one diagnosis that does have Wiley data and a second diagnosis that does not have Wiley data, the +Wiley option will not be available to use. You will need to create a Basic or Advanced treatment plan instead.
- Next, you’ll need to select the Presenting Problem from the Treatment Planner you’d like to work with. This is meant to mimic the manual process of choosing which Wiley Treatment Planner book you want to work with.
Note: You will need to progress through the full set of options for this treatment plan before having the option to Edit (see below).
- From there, select one of the Presenting Problem options. The options are outlined based off of those provided in the book you’ve chosen. In this step, you can only select one Presenting Problem per diagnosis.
- Then, click the Continue to Behavior button. In this section, you can select as many options as you need; however, you do have to select at least one Behavior to be able to move to the next section.
- Next, click the Continue to Goals button. In this section, you can select as many options as you need; however, you do have to select at least one Goal to be able to move to the next section.
- Then, click the Continue to Objective button. In the Objective section, you will need to select at least one objective for each of the goals you selected to be able to move to the next section.
- Next, click the Continue to Interventions button. In this section, you will need to select at least one intervention for each of the goals you selected to be able to move to the next section.
- Then, click the Continue to Overview button.
- In the Overview section, you will want to check to make sure that the treatment plan accurately reflects what you need. Here, you may also enter the Treatment Frequency as well as the Date and Time Assigned to Diagnosis & Treatment Plan.
- Click the Complete and Save button.
- To print, download, or delete the treatment plan, click Options and choose the action you want to take from the dropdown menu.
- To make adjustments to the treatment plan, click Edit. You can edit any field of the treatment planner from this section.
Tip: For answers to FAQs about working with Wiley Treatment Planners in SimplePractice, see this guide: Wiley Treatment Planner FAQs.