The purpose of the Discharge Summary is to summarize progress made during the treatment and detail a client’s status at the end of treatment. It also may be used for insurance reimbursement purposes.
Here is how to add a Discharge Summary to a client’s file at the end of treatment:
- Go to My Account > Settings > Notes and Forms
- Select the Template Library tab and locate the Discharge Summary template.
- Click the + icon to add it to your My Notes and Forms section.
- Now click the eye icon to open a preview of the Discharge Summary, as shown below.
- Fill out the form in preview mode. When you're done, click Print to save the document as a PDF to your computer.
- Next, navigate to the client's Overview page and click Store New Document to upload the PDF through the Stored documents section.
Note: The full version of the Template Library feature that includes all existing global templates is only available with the Professional Plan. Learn more about SimplePractice's pricing and plans.