The Reports page of your SimplePractice account includes 6 reports related to clients, appointments, and emails. These reports will help you to understand client information, appointment status, reminders, and emails from SimplePractice.
In this guide, we’ll cover the following reports:
Note: For information on the Analytics Dashboard and other reports, see Understanding your Analytics Dashboard and Reports.
The Client details report displays basic client information that allows you to manage, filter, and export information for both active and inactive clients. This report also allows you to manage inactive clients more effectively for discharge or new appointments.
- Client Type
- Intake Date
- Last Appointment
- Insurance ID
You can filter this report by Date Range, All Clinicians, All Insurance Payers, or Client Status. This report is exportable in either a CSV or Excel file.
Note: This report is populated based on the client's initial intake date. You can update the data that appears using the date range filter. To show all of your clients, set the date range to start when your SimplePractice account was created.
The Client demographics report displays key demographic information of all of the clients in your account, including the client’s:
- Date of Birth
- Assigned Sex
- Gender Identity
- Relationship Status
- Employment Status
- Preferred Language
Note: Team members will only have access to demographic information of the clients they can access in the account. See Team member roles and access levels for more information. The Client demographics report is only available for customers on our Essential and Plus plans.
The Appointment status report details the financial status of every appointment in your practice. This report allows you to see the billing history for a client and easily identify billing discrepancies so you can make any corrections needed.
Note: To learn more, see Appointment Status Report: Checking the billing and documentation status for appointments.
The Attendance report is organized into the following columns:
- The report is set to sort by Client in ascending alphabetical order
Clinician Name (Group practices only)
- This column will populate the clinician assigned to that appointment, even if the client is assigned a different primary clinician in their profile
- Date Of Service
- This column is visible if your practice has two or more locations added
- Statuses include Show, Canceled, Late Canceled, and No Show
Note: To change the sorting order of the report, click the name of any column to sort by ascending or descending order.
The report can be filtered by the following categories:
- This filter is visible if your practice has two or more locations added
- Clinician (Group practices only)
Permissions by team member
- This report can be accessed by all team members
- The following roles have access to all clients:
- Account Owner
- Clinician with administrative access
- Clinician with full client list access
- Practice Manager
- The following roles have access to only clients where they’re assigned as the primary clinician:
- Clinician with basic access
- Clinician with basic access + billing
The Appointment reminders report keeps a record of the reminders sent to your clients in the last 30 days. You can refer to this report to see if a reminder was sent to a client.
For more information about appointment reminders, see How to set up appointment reminders and Understanding client reminder statuses.
The Sent emails report gives you a record of emails that are sent from SimplePractice for the last 30 days, including:
- Invitations to clients to complete the intake
- Your schedule for today
- Online appointment requests (Essential and Plus plans only)
- Enrollment updates
- Insurance claim updates
- Subscription-related emails (e.g., invoices and payments for your account)
Note: For more information on email statuses, see Understanding email statuses.