SimplePractice offers the option to get help via Live Chat. With our chat feature, you can be connected with a specialist to assist you with your questions quickly.
In this guide, we'll cover:
- Live Chat hours
- Questions we can answer via Live Chat
- Accessing Live Chat
- Sending yourself a chat transcript
Live Chat hours
We offer Live Chat during the following hours:
- Monday through Friday 6:00 AM-6:00 PM PT
- Saturday and Sunday 7:00 AM-4:00 PM PT
Times during which we don’t offer Live chat:
- Wednesdays 8:45 AM-10:00 AM PT
- Thursdays 10:45 AM-12:00 PM PT
Questions we can answer via Live Chat
We’re happy to answer basic questions and point you toward key functions in your account over chat.
Examples of questions that can be answered on chat:
- Basic questions regarding Notes and Forms or consent documents and intake forms
- Entering and adjusting information in your client’s file
- General information about invoices, superbills, statements
- Subscription pricing information
- Team member permissions
- General information about primary insurance claims and claim statuses
Some questions require a more in-depth investigation to find an answer than we can provide during a short chat. These include:
- Questions that require detailed investigation into a specific client’s file
- Specific billing issues having to do with client payments or insurance
- Complex technical issues
Accessing Live Chat
To chat with one of our specialists:
- Click the ? in the lower right corner of your account
- Click Ask questions
- Type in your question and click the send icon
- Review the Help Center resources that appear and click Yes, that helped if they answer your question
- If you’d still like to connect with a specialist, select No, show me more
- Scroll to the bottom of the box and click Contact support
- Select Chat with a specialist
Note: The Chat with a specialist option will only appear if we’re currently accepting chats.
- When you're ready to begin chatting, click Launch chat
Note: For more information about getting support, see How can I get help from your team?
Sending yourself a chat transcript
At any point during a chat, you can choose to have a transcript of the chat sent to your email. The transcript will be emailed to you after the chat ends.
To do this:
- Click the three horizontal dots in the lower right corner of the chat window
- Select Email transcript
- Confirm the email you want the transcript sent to
- Click Send
The email you receive will read “Your chat transcript with secure.simplepractice.com” in the subject line, and will include a time-stamped transcript of the chat conversation between you and the SimplePractice specialist.