SimplePractice offers two plans so that you can have the features you need to help you run your business:
- Essential plan: $39 per month
- Professional plan: starting at $59 per month
Once you've taken the free 30-day trial of our platform, you can choose to enter your credit card information and will then be billed month-to-month at the monthly rate for your plan.
Our Pricing page has details on the differences between the two plans, but you can find a breakdown of the fees associated with specific features below:
You can also find answers to common subscription billing questions below:
- Do you offer refunds?
- Do you have a referral program?
- What happens if I change plans or upgrade my trial account?
- Can I put my account on hold?
- We have two plans: Professional (recommended) and Essential.
- The first clinician is $59/month with our Professional Plan, and $39/month with our Essential Plan.
- Each additional clinician is $39/month (only available on the Professional Plan). To start a group in SimplePractice, simply add team members.
- Non-clinician accounts (receptionists, schedulers, bookkeepers, billers, etc.) are free.
- Electronic insurance claim submissions are $0.25 per claim successfully submitted (electronic insurance billing is only available on the Professional Plan).
- Telehealth by SimplePractice is an additional $10/month by clinician (only available on the Professional Plan).
- While our Wiley Treatment Planners feature is currently free, we're continuing to develop this feature and will definitely be sharing more information as it relates to pricing and timing in the coming months.
- We do not charge for appointment reminders like some of our competitors do.
- You have free unlimited clients.
Credit card processing
- If you're planning to accept credit card payments through our integrated payment processing partner, Stripe, please see this guide for more information to get you started: Getting Started with Online Payments in SimplePractice.
- We chose Stripe for our credit card processing partner for many reasons, the top ones being their security and pricing. Stripe is fully PCI-compliant, gives you the ability to store cards securely, and saves you time because you don't have to manually enter payments. The integration fee for Stripe is 2.95% + $0.30 for each successful transaction - and that's across the board, whether you're running the card at the time of service or if you've stored the card to charge at your leisure. Many of Stripe's competitors offer a lower fee for card-in-hand transactions, but a much higher one for card-absent transactions.
Discounts and promotions
If you're interested in receiving free credits you can use towards your SimplePractice subscription fee, see Refer-a-Colleague: SimplePractice referral program.
You can also refer to Does SimplePractice have any discounts or current promotions? to find more information about promotions for SimplePractice customers.
Tip: If you're shopping around for an EHR, make sure that you ask about any hidden costs that may not be listed on a company's pricing page. SimplePractice lists everything and believes in pricing transparency so that you can make the best decision for your practice.
Do you offer refunds?
SimplePractice provides a 30-day free trial and then you have the option to sign up for a monthly payment plan. If changing from one plan type to another results in a credit on your account, we will automatically apply that credit to your new plan. We do not provide refunds.
We clearly provide our refund policy to you in Section 25 of our Terms of Service:
"Upon termination by You or by SimplePractice of your Account, you will not receive any refund of any amounts previously paid and you will remain liable for any charges incurred or unpaid amounts owed by you to SimplePractice."
You can cancel the service at any time, but you are responsible for any charges already incurred.
Do you have a referral program?
We’ve made it incredibly easy for you to refer your colleagues and earn $50 credits on your subscription plan. All you have to do is use our automated referral system that is located in your SimplePractice account. You can invite people right from SimplePractice, and even send your custom referral link to your Twitter followers or Facebook friends.
If colleagues you invite sign up with a paid SimplePractice account, you get a $50 credit and so do they. Just make sure that your colleague clicks on the referral link before creating a free trial account. This $50 credit will apply to your account after your referee makes their first subscription payment.
Note: Once your colleague uses your link to sign up for an account, your credit will be applied to your next billing cycle.
What happens if I change plans or upgrade my trial account?
You are in control of which plan you use and you can change at any time. If you are in the Essential Plan and switch to Professional, your account will be debited the pro-rated difference. If you later decide to go back to a lower plan, your account will be credited the pro-rated difference. You can change plans as often as you like. To compare plans, please see our Pricing page. You can find instructions for updating and upgrading your plan in this guide: SimplePractice Subscription Billing Information.
Note: SimplePractice accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, JCB, and Diner’s Club cards.
Can I put my account on hold?
We do not offer a way to put an account on hold.
Note: See SimplePractice Subscription Billing Information to learn more about making changes to your subscription plan.