SimplePractice offers 3 different subscription plans so you can choose the one that includes the features you need to help run your business.
These subscription plans are:
- Begin with the basics for your private practice. Starting at $29/mo.
- Simplify your practice with all of the essentials. Starting at $69/mo.
- Expand your practice with every feature available. Starting at $99/mo.
Once you've signed up for a free 30-day trial of our platform, you can choose to enter your credit card information at any time. You will only be billed once your trial period ends, month-to-month, at the rate for your plan.
Our Pricing page details all of the differences between the 3 plans, but you can find a breakdown of the fees associated with specific features below:
You can also find answers to common subscription billing questions:
- Do you offer refunds?
- Do you have a referral program?
- What happens if I change plans or upgrade my trial account?
- Can I put my account on hold?
Additional team members can only be added on the Plus plan. To create a group practice in SimplePractice, select the Plus plan and then you can add team members.
On the Plus plan, you can:
- Add billers, schedulers, or supervisors for free
- Add an unlimited number of clinicians for $59/month per clinician
- Add a Practice Manager for $39/month per person
Electronic insurance billing is only available on the Essential and Plus plans. Each month, the Essential plan includes 10 free claim submissions, and the Plus plan includes 35 free claim submissions.
- Beyond what’s included in your subscription plan, electronic insurance claim submissions have a tiered pay structure depending on how many claims you submit each month:
Note: You can also create and download insurance claims on the Starter Plan to print and submit outside of SimplePractice.
For more details about insurance processing fees, see How much does it cost to bill insurance through SimplePractice?
- Telehealth is included in the Essential and Plus plans at no additional cost. It’s also available as an add-on feature on the Starter plan for an additional $15/mo.
- Wiley Treatment Planners are included in the Plus plan at no additional cost. They're also available as an add-on feature on the Essential plan for an additional $15/mo.
- Appointment reminders are included in the Essential and Plus plans at no additional cost.
- Appointment reminders are not available on the Starter plan. However, if Telehealth is enabled, clients can still receive Telehealth reminders.
- You can add an unlimited number of clients for free on all subscription plans.
Note: For a complete list of features included on each plan, please refer to our Pricing page. You can also see Which subscription plan is right for me? and What happens when I select a new subscription plan? to learn more.
Credit card processing
If you're planning to accept credit card payments through our integrated payment processing system, please see Getting Started with Online Payments in SimplePractice.
Our credit card processing system is fully PCI-compliant, giving you the ability to store cards securely, and saving you time with automated payment options. The integration fee is 2.95% + $0.30 for each successful transaction - and that's across the board, whether you're running the card at the time of service or if you've stored the card to charge at a later time. Some card processors may offer a lower fee for card-in-hand transactions, but a much higher one for card-absent transactions.
Discounts and promotions
If you're interested in receiving free credits you can use towards your SimplePractice subscription fee, see our Refer-a-Colleague: SimplePractice referral program.
You can also see Does SimplePractice have any discounts or current promotions? to learn more about existing promotions for SimplePractice customers.
Tip: If you're shopping around for an EHR, make sure you ask about any hidden costs that may not be listed on a company's pricing page. SimplePractice lists everything and believes in pricing transparency, so that you can make the best decision for your practice.
Do you offer refunds?
SimplePractice provides a 30-day free trial. After your trial, you have the option to sign up for a paid SimplePractice account. If changing from one plan type to another results in a credit on your account, we will automatically apply that credit to your subscription. We do not provide refunds.
We clearly provide our refund policy to you in Section 25 of our Terms of Service:
"Upon termination by You or by SimplePractice of your Account, you will not receive any refund of any amounts previously paid and you will remain liable for any charges incurred or unpaid amounts owed by you to SimplePractice."
You can cancel your subscription at any time, but you are responsible for any charges already incurred.
Do you have a referral program?
You can refer your colleagues to SimplePractice and earn $100 credits toward your subscription plan. To do this, use our automated referral system that is located in your SimplePractice account.
You can invite people right from SimplePractice, and even send your custom referral link to your Twitter followers or Facebook friends.
If colleagues you invite sign up for a paid SimplePractice account, you both get a $100 credit applied to your subscription. When signing up, make sure that your colleague clicks on the referral link before creating a free trial account. This $100 credit will apply to the next billing cycle on your account after your referee makes their first subscription payment.
Learn more about referring a colleague here.
What happens if I change plans or upgrade my trial account?
You can change your subscription plan at any time. If you upgrade your subscription plan, your account will be charged the pro-rated difference. If you choose a less expensive plan or remove certain features, your account will be credited the pro-rated difference. To compare plans, please see our Pricing page. You can find instructions for changing your plan here: SimplePractice Subscription Billing Information.
Note: SimplePractice accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, JCB, and Diner's Club cards as a form of subscription payment.
Can I put my account on hold?
SimplePractice does not offer a way to put your account on hold.
Note: See SimplePractice Subscription Billing Information to learn more about making changes to your subscription plan.