SimplePractice now offers 3 different plans so that you can choose the one that includes the features you need to help you run your business.
- Begin with the basics for your private practice. Starting at $29/mo.
- Simplify your practice with all of the essentials. Starting at $69/mo.
- Expand your practice with every feature available. Starting at $99/mo.
Once you've signed up for the free 30-day trial of our platform, you can choose to enter your credit card information at any time and you will only be billed once your trial period ends, month-to-month at the rate for your plan.
Our Pricing page details all of the differences between the three plans, but you can find a breakdown of the fees associated with specific features below:
You can also find answers to common subscription billing questions below:
- Do you offer refunds?
- Do you have a referral program?
- What happens if I change plans or upgrade my trial account?
- Can I put my account on hold?
The first clinician is $29/month with our Starter plan, $69/month with our Essential plan, and $99/month with our Plus plan.
Additional team members can only be added on the Plus plan. To start a group in SimplePractice, simply add team members.
- You can add billers, schedulers, or supervisors for free
- You can add an unlimited number of clinicians for $59 per month, per clinician
- After February 1, 2022, you can add a practice manager for $39/mo. per person.
Electronic insurance billing is only available on the Essential and Plus plans. The Essential plan includes 10 free claim submissions, and the Plus plan includes 35 free claim submissions, each month.
- Beyond what’s included in your subscription plan, Electronic insurance claim submissions have a tiered pay structure depending on how many claims you submit each month:
Note: You can also create and download insurance claims on the Starter Plan to print and submit outside of SimplePractice.
For more details about insurance processing fees, see our guide: How much does it cost to bill insurance through SimplePractice?
- Telehealth by SimplePractice is included in the monthly subscription of the Essential and Plus plans at no additional cost. It’s also available as an add-on feature on the Starter plan for an additional $15/mo.
- Wiley Treatment Planner is included in the monthly subscription of the Plus plan at no additional cost. It’s also available as an add-on feature on the Essential plan for an additional $15/mo.
- Appointment reminders are included in the monthly subscription of the Essential and Plus plans at no additional cost.
- You can add an unlimited number of clients for free.
Note: Appointment reminders are not available on the Starter plan. However, if Telehealth is enabled, clients can still receive Telehealth reminders.
Credit card processing
If you're planning to accept credit card payments through our integrated payment processing system, please see this guide for more information: Getting Started with Online Payments in SimplePractice.
Our credit card processing system is fully PCI-compliant, gives you the ability to store cards securely, and saves you time because you don't have to manually enter payments. The integration fee is 2.95% + $0.30 for each successful transaction - and that's across the board, whether you're running the card at the time of service or if you've stored the card to charge at your leisure. Some card processors may offer a lower fee for card-in-hand transactions, but a much higher one for card-absent transactions.
Discounts and promotions
If you're interested in receiving free credits you can use towards your SimplePractice subscription fee, see our Refer-a-Colleague: SimplePractice referral program.
You can also refer to Does SimplePractice have any discounts or current promotions? to find more information about promotions for SimplePractice customers.
Tip: If you're shopping around for an EHR, make sure that you ask about any hidden costs that may not be listed on a company's pricing page. SimplePractice lists everything and believes in pricing transparency so that you can make the best decision for your practice.
Do you offer refunds?
SimplePractice provides a 30-day free trial and then you have the option to sign up for a monthly payment plan. If changing from one plan type to another results in a credit on your account, we will automatically apply that credit to your new plan. We do not provide refunds.
We clearly provide our refund policy to you in Section 25 of our Terms of Service:
"Upon termination by You or by SimplePractice of your Account, you will not receive any refund of any amounts previously paid and you will remain liable for any charges incurred or unpaid amounts owed by you to SimplePractice."
You can cancel the service at any time, but you are responsible for any charges already incurred.
Do you have a referral program?
We’ve made it incredibly easy for you to refer your colleagues and earn $100 credits on your subscription plan. All you have to do is use our automated referral system that is located in your SimplePractice account. You can invite people right from SimplePractice, and even send your custom referral link to your Twitter followers or Facebook friends.
If colleagues you invite sign up with a paid SimplePractice account, you get a $100 credit and so do they. Just make sure that your colleague clicks on the referral link before creating a free trial account. This $100 credit will apply to the next billing cycle on your account after your referee makes their first subscription payment.
What happens if I change plans or upgrade my trial account?
You are in control of which plan you use and you can change it at any time. If you upgrade your subscription plan, your account will be charged the pro-rated difference. If you later decide to choose a lower plan, your account will be credited the pro-rated difference. You can change plans as often as you like. To compare plans, please see our Pricing page. You can find instructions for updating and upgrading your plan in this guide: SimplePractice Subscription Billing Information.
Note: SimplePractice accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, JCB, and Diner's Club cards.
Can I put my account on hold?
We do not offer a way to put an account on hold.
Note: See SimplePractice Subscription Billing Information to learn more about making changes to your subscription plan.