This Getting Started page provides all the necessary resources to set up your SimplePractice account. Below, you can watch the "Getting started in 15 minutes or less" video, or scroll down to review resources one by one.
Click to watch the video and follow along in your account:
Tip: If you don't see something in the list below, use the search bar to conveniently search all 500+ of our guides.
- How can I get help from your team?
- Using the SimplePractice Community Forum
- On-demand Classes and Q&A sessions
Setting up your Client Portal
Intakes, forms, and templates
- Using consent documents and intake forms
- Creating customized templates in My Notes and Forms
- How to use the Template Library
Important: It’s your responsibility to review these consent document templates and make sure that they reflect the legal requirements of your state, as well as the way you choose to run your practice. If you have any questions, we recommend consulting your regulatory body.
Calendar and scheduling
- Navigating your calendar
- Adding and managing appointments
- Enabling online appointment requests
- Getting started with Secure Messaging
- Getting started with Telehealth
Notes and documentation
- Adding assessments, diagnoses, and treatment plans
- Using chart notes
- Using progress and psychotherapy notes
- Getting started with measurement-based care
- The No Surprises Act and Good Faith Estimates
- Setting up your billing and automations
- Understanding invoices, statements, and superbills
- Getting started with Online Payments
- Processing Online Payments
- Online Payments FAQs
- Appointment Status Report: Checking the billing and documentation status for appointments
- How to share billing documents with clients
- Getting started with insurance billing
- Setting up insurance billing for your clients
- Submitting enrollments to file claims and receive Payment Reports
- Out-of-network electronic claim filing
- Getting started as a group practice
- Adding and managing team members
- Team member roles and access levels
- Using your calendar in a group practice
- Group practice FAQs
Switching and data imports
- Will SimplePractice work for me?
- What are the minimum requirements for successfully using SimplePractice?
You can also watch our full-length Getting Started class below: