This Getting Started section will provide all the necessary resources to help build the foundations for running a successful private practice. By familiarizing yourself with the many features we offer, you'll be able to efficiently flow through our platform. Setting yourself up for success now can ultimately mean that you have more time to spend with clients.
Below you'll see the recommended walkthrough for a new SimplePractice user experience, starting from the trial and ending with a fully-fledged account that you've customized to best meet your needs.
- Switching and Data Imports
- Clients and their Portal
- Intakes, Forms, and Templates
- Calendar and Scheduling
- Client Billing
- Group Practice
Tip: If you do not see something on this list, use the search bar to conveniently search all 500+ of our guides.
Switching and Data Imports
Clients and their Portal
- Client Portal overview
- Setting up the Client Portal
- Adding a new client and navigating your Clients and Contact list
Intakes, Forms, and Templates
- Creating customized client intake and progress note templates
- How to use the Template Library
- Where to find your consent documents and intake forms
- New client intake and Client Portal FAQ
Calendar and Scheduling
- Scheduling, editing, and deleting appointments
- Managing your availability
- Customizing the calendar view and printing your schedule
- Setting up your 2-way sync with Google Calendar
- How to use Secure Messaging with clients
- Getting started with Telehealth
- Setting up your billing and automations
- What are Invoices, Statements, and Superbills?
- Getting started with Online Payments in SimplePractice
- Checking the billing and documentation status for appointments
- How to share billing documents with clients
- Getting Started guide: Insurance
- Setting up insurance billing for your client
- How do I submit an enrollment to file claims or receive payment reports
- Out-of-network electronic claim filing
- How do I know a group practice is right for me?
- Getting started as a group practice
- Team members: clinician access levels
- Navigating your Group Practice calendar
- Group practice FAQs
- Will SimplePractice work for me?
- What are the minimum requirements for successfully using SimplePractice?
- How can I get help from your team?
- Logging in to SimplePractice and submitting help requests
- Using the SimplePractice Community Forum
- Live classes and video guides
Tip: You can also visit SimplePractice Learning, our Continuing Education marketplace, by going to My Account > Continuing Education. SimplePractice Learning is focused on offering high quality, on-demand video courses for behavioral health professionals.