This Getting Started section will provide all the necessary resources to help build the foundations for running a successful private practice. By familiarizing yourself with the many features we offer, you'll be able to efficiently flow through our platform. Setting yourself up for success now can ultimately mean that you have more time to spend with clients.
Below you'll see the recommended walkthrough for a new SimplePractice user experience, starting from the trial and ending with a fully-fledged account that you've customized to best meet your needs.
- Switching and Data Imports
- Clients and their Portal
- Intakes, Forms, and Templates
- Calendar and Scheduling
- Client Billing
- Group Practice
Tip: If you do not see something on this list, use the search bar to conveniently search all 500+ of our guides.
Switching and Data Imports
Clients and their Portal
- Setting up the Client Portal
- What is the Client Portal?
- Adding a new client and navigating your Clients and Contact list
Intakes, Forms, and Templates
- Creating customized client intake and progress note templates
- How to use the Template Library
- Where to find your consent documents and intake forms
Calendar and Scheduling
- Adding and managing appointments
- How to set up Online Booking
- Managing your Availability
- Navigating your calendar
- Getting started with the 2-way Google Calendar sync
- Getting started with Secure Messaging
- Getting started with Telehealth
- Setting up your billing and automations
- What are Invoices, Statements, and Superbills?
- Getting started with Online Payments
- Processing Online Payments
- Online Payments FAQs
- Checking the billing and documentation status for appointments
- How to share billing documents with clients
- Getting Started guide: Insurance
- Setting up insurance billing for your client
- How do I submit an enrollment to file claims or receive payment reports?
- Out-of-network electronic claim filing
- Is a group practice right for me?
- Getting started as a group practice
- Adding and managing team members
- Team member roles and access levels
- Navigating your Group Practice calendar
- Group practice FAQs
- Will SimplePractice work for me?
- What are the minimum requirements for successfully using SimplePractice?
- How can I get help from your team?
- Logging in to SimplePractice and submitting help requests
- Using the SimplePractice Community Forum
- On-demand Classes and Q&As
Tip: You can also visit SimplePractice Learning, our Continuing Education marketplace, by going to My Account > Continuing Education. SimplePractice Learning is focused on offering high quality, on-demand video courses for behavioral health professionals.